"The instruction of youth, the care of the sick, the erection of hospitals, and rendering generally to the poor and destitute, spiritual and temporal assistance and relief"- Mission of the Sisters of Charity St. Vincent's Hospital opened its doors to Greenwich Village in 1849 and closed them in 2010. Throughout the course of those 160 years, St. Vincent's became a place of refuge and healing for all those who were ...
This mural graced a wall of the apartment building bordering the garden. It was painted in 1996 by Chico, a notable Lower East Side muralist. It served as a memorial to Chico Mendez, the Brazilian rainforest activist for whom the Garden was named.
Collection of American and foreign book plates formed by the late Dr. Henry C. Eno.